Non-resident Landlord Registration

The owner of any dwelling, dwelling unit, rooming unit or structure who is a nonresident of the state of Rhode Island shall have and continuously maintain with the city or town clerk where the property is located a registered agent, which agent may be either an individual who resides in this state or corporation authorized to do business in this state.

You must register both with the state AND with the Town if you own rental property in West Warwick and live outside Rhode Island. There is no fee to register but if you fail to do so you may be fined up to $1200.

To register with the State please visit the Secretary of State's website.

To register with the Town please visit our OpenGov site, login or create an account, and complete form.